The Troglodytic Valley of Goupillières proposes either a guided tour or a self-guided visit, in which you will discover 3 farms dug into the tufa stone with their wells, baker's ovens, cattle sheds, and grain silo. In order to protect themselves from brigands and the ravages of war, the peasants dug an ingenious underground refuge with tricks that will astonish you! At the end of the visit, take advantage of the site’s exceptional setting by taking a walk and discovering a wine lodge from the last century, amusements for children (cabin, fort, and witch’s house) where children can let their imagination run free.
- Self-guided tour following arrows and with a printed guide (duration: 1 hour 30mn)
- Guided tours in French, 45 minutes. Suitable for children.
Click here to see visit calendar.
- We speak French and English
- Printed guides in French German English
Dutch Italian Spanish Portuguese
- No supplementary cost for the guided tour
Last access at the ticket booth
1h 30mn before closing time.